Summer!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Summer reads!

Lana Del Rey’s dulcet tone singing Yayo buzzes around my head while I struggle to concentrate and put pen against paper; striving to remember the answers which I could only hope that I had learnt and time is catching up at its rabbit like pace.

A half hour more and I’ll be done with this last examination but other than trying to remember my answers and lessons, I have this war against examinations waging through my head. I’m quite against it, this system of examinations simply because I don’t find the thrill rushing through my veins when I’m scarfing down the entire year’s syllabus on one single day (and I very well know I should study regularly and 2 months ahead of examinations, but really who does that?!), hoping against hope that I’ll remember what I had learnt and also manage to top the class. Wishful thinking.

I’m up and done with my paper a half hour before the time. Whilst I hand it over, I scan the examination hall, filled with familiar faces racing their hand down the paper trying to write more than what they had learnt the previous night. These mates of mine are so well prepared and then there’s me, taking chances and fooling around with examinations.

I rushed out of the hall and into the corridors to join some of my friends who were busy counting chickens and discussing the said paper. Whilst we were waiting for our other friends, we run-through to each other our summer plans.

The said other friends were out and we promised we’ll meet up in summer and exchanged our good-byes and rushed through the exam-centre’s gate welcoming in the summer holidays!


(Hope ya'll have a good one!)


No comments :

Post a Comment